Everything You Need to Know About Youth Flag Football
5–6 Age Group (If your child is 4,5, or, 6 before the season start date they qualify for this age group)
7–8 Age Group (If your child is 7 or 8 before the season start date they qualify for this age group)
9–10 Age Group (If your child is 9 or 10 before the season start date they qualify for this age group)
11–12 Age Group (If your child is 11 or 12 before the season start date they qualify for this age group)
13–14 Age Group (If your child is 13 or 14 before the season start date they qualify for this age group)
5/6–year–old coed (Saturday/Sunday)
7/8–year–old coed (Saturday/Sunday)
9/10–year–old coed (Saturday/Sunday)
11/12–year–old coed (Saturday/Sunday)
13/14–year–old coed (Saturday/Sunday)
Game times will vary throughout the season. Games could start as early as 7:00 a.m. and
go as late as 6:00 p.m.
SSD Staff will do our best to provide teams with a variety of game times.
Any teams that Swift Sportsdome forms are coached by parent volunteers from the team their child is on. As a parent you may asked to volunteer to coach. If you are interested in coaching, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Once your coach has created a team, you may begin registering for the team. See
instructions below on how to register to a specific team.
- Go to the NFL Youth Flag Football registration page
- Click the appropriate age group
- Read all information on the registration page and then select “I am registering for
- Select the correct team in the subgroup titled “Team Information”
- Complete and submit the form. Once you’ve done this, you will be registered to
Individual registration is available online and in person for the following age divisions:
- 5/6-year-old coed
- 7/ 8-year-old coed
- 9/ 10-year-old coed
- 11/12-year-old coed
- 13/14-year-old coed
Please refer to the “Team Placement” section for information regarding how individuals
are organized onto teams.
– All divisions are set to only allow a certain number of teams/ individuals to register. Once the registration limit has been reached, online registration will automatically shut down.
– Wait listing is available on a first come first serve basis. If you reach the registration page and registration has closed, please call us at 775-328-1301 to be placed on a wait list.
– SSD Staff will contact all teams/individuals on a wait list if/when any spots become available.
– Once registration concludes (i.e. the deadline has passed) SSD staff will begin to organize individual players onto teams.
– Team placement will be solidified at least one week prior to the start of the season.
– Individual players will be notified via email of their team placement.
– If you have not received an email regarding team placement by the Wednesday of the week games begin, please contact us via phone at 775–328–1301
– All players playing in NFL Youth Flag Football will receive an official NFL jersey
– Jerseys will be available for pickup either at the 1st practice or during the first day of games.
– If jerseys are available at the 1st game, please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your game.
– Team jerseys are determined at random, unless a coach has requested a specific team.
– Mouth guards are required for all players.
– Absolutely NO cleats or studded shoes are allowed at Swift Sportsdome. Tennis shoes or indoor soccer shoes are accepted. If you are unsure if the shoes you have are acceptable, feel free to ask our staff.
– Players may not play on multiple teams in the same age division. (i.e. if you play on a team in 5/6, you may not play on another team in 5/6)
– Players may play on multiple teams if they are in different age divisions but must pay the registration fee for both teams. (i.e. if you play on a team in 5/6, you may play on a team
– Players may play up in age division. (i.e. if your child qualifies for 5/6, he/she may play in 5/6, 7/8 etc.)
– Players may not play down in age division. No exceptions.
– If a player is playing more than two age divisions up, (i.e. your child qualifies for 5/6 but wants to play 9/10 or above) the player must receive approval from SSD.
Coaches, please include any scheduling requests for the season in the comment section when registering your team. You can also email any scheduling requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. SSD Staff will do our best to accommodate all requests.
– If you have any requests, (i.e. wanting to be placed on the same team as another player, etc.) please include them in the comment section when registering. SSD Staff reads all
comments before organizing teams and will do our best to accommodate.
– Player cards are required for ALL players at the Reno Sportsdome.
– If you have not received a player card, you will need to upload a photo via the links on
the registration page.
– RSD Staff will notify coaches/individuals if we have not received a photo by the
– If you have already been issued a player card at any point you do not need to submit any
– If you forget your player card, you will need to stop by the snack bar and pay $5 for a
– If you lost your player card, you will need to stop by the snack bar and pay $10 for a
– All teams must have completed rosters by the date posted on the registration page.
– Rosters are used by SSD Staff on the fields to ensure that all players are registered and playing on the correct team.
– Rosters will lock by the 3rd week of games.
– Only rostered players with a valid SSD player card will be allowed to play in games.
– If a player is found to be playing on a team and they are not rostered, the player will be asked to leave the field and will have to speak to our staff before returning to the game.
– Rosters must be completed by the date posted on the registration page.
– Rosters can be accessed through the link received when registering the team. If you need the link to manage your roster, email us at email@example.com
– If you have a player listed on your roster that does not belong on your team, please notify SSD Staff and we will remove the player. DO NOT delete the player.
– Rosters will be locked by the 3rd week of games.
– Absolutely NO roster changes will be allowed during the last two weeks of the season.
– SSD Staff will send out an email notification to all league participants once game schedules are posted.
– Game schedules are available on our website under “Daily League Schedules” or can be accessed via your DASH account.
– Please see the section below regarding playoff/consolation game schedules.
– After the first 6 games of the season conclude, play off/consolation games will begin for the last two weeks of the season. All teams will play a full 8 game season. 6 games in the regular season and the 2 games in either the playoff or consolation bracket.
– Game schedules for playoffs/consolation games will be posted on the Tuesday following the previous weekend’s games. SSD Staff will send out an email notification once game schedules are posted.
– Playoffs are determined by the top 4 teams in the bracket. For the first week of playoffs/consolation, games will be scheduled the following way:
- 1st place vs 4th place (Semi Final A)
- 2nd place vs 3rd place (Semi Final B)
- All remaining teams in the bracket will be scheduled at random to play in the consolation bracket.
For the final week of the season, playoff/consolation games will be scheduled the following way:
- Winner of Semi Final A vs Winner of Semi Final B (Championship)
- All remaining teams in the bracket will be scheduled at random to play in the consolation bracket
– If there is a tie within the bracket, the tie will be determined the following ways:
– Overall points
– Head to head result
– Point differential
Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 775–328–1301
**RSD often experiences a high volume of calls, please leave us a voicemail and RSD
Staff will return all messages as soon as possible. If you are having trouble getting
through via phone, you can always contact us at our email, email@example.com**